Thursday, June 18, 2015

Your Destiny is Not Predicted by Your Past

Your Destiny is Not Predicted by Your Past 


The other day I was presenting a class on the topic of goal setting and removing limited belief systems.  In the materials there was a statement which read something along these lines…”your commitment, not your condition, shapes your future.” Let’s stop there and let that sink in a bit. Your commitment…not your condition (be it a lack of money, maybe a health condition, or perhaps a lack of knowledge)…shapes your future. Your future being the goals and ambitions you dream about when you lay awake at night.

In other words, where you come from or where you are currently at, does not predict where you can go in life if you choose to. I grew up in a trailer with an alcoholic mother and an abusive father. My future was pretty bleak. But as a little girl, I dreamed of a bigger world, outside of the trailer park. I could have easily resolved to the reality of my condition as a child, but I chose not to. And by having a little spark deep inside that longed for something better, something bigger, I was able to leave that life behind for a brighter future.

Sure we all have some belief about ourselves that holds us back, myself included. Life is not always roses and sunshine! However, if we are committed to what I like to call BHAGS (big, hairy audacious goals)…these are goals that make your stomach do a flip when you think about them…and when I say committed, I am mean committed like your life depending on it…then anything is possible. That is worth repeating: anything is possible.

Your destiny is not predicted by your past…unless you choose to let it be. It’s time to start living the life you dream of…what are you committed to?

Peace and Love, 

Sarah Michelle
Success Coach . Trainer . Author
Author of Tales of Fried Bologna: A Journey to Forgiveness
www.sarahmichellebliss.com

No comments:

Post a Comment